I recently discovered Lauren’s gorgeous blog and I love her ‘High Five for Friday’ feature so much, that I thought I’d join in with five of my own highlights from this past week.
1. A stroll to the Noordhoek Farm Village to indulge in coffee and the richest, most delicious lemon meringue with the two men in my life was the perfect way to end this week.
2. A surprise gift from a dear friend made me smile. I can’t wait to start reading The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes.
3. Earlier this week, I tested my culinary skills and made the most divine homemade burgers (stuffed with mozzarella and basil pesto), followed by peppermint crisp tart. Having this treat in the fridge kept me happy all week long!
4. Lady Luck is definitely on my side! I found out that I’ve won two competitions this morning alone – a decadent Lindt hamper (thanks to Fiona at Super Mom Blog) and a Sorbet voucher. Just what this exhausted new mom needs – chocolate and some pampering!
5. My week started off with big bunch of flowers and Terry’s Chocolate Orange from my love. Turns out that hubby had his dates mixed up and thought last Sunday was Mother’s Day – not that I’m complaining!
There were lots of other highlights, too: morning conversations with Bean are my best, breakfast in bed from my darling hubby, Woolworths cake pops, an unexpected email from an old friend, gorgeous gifts for Noah from family in Pretoria… life is good!