There’s nothing I enjoy more than taking a long bath and pampering every square centimeter of my body. I like to spend at least one hour every week plucking, shaving, scrubbing and moisturising my body from top-to-toe, and I always find that a good pamper makes me feel so much better about myself and my body. I’m very lucky in that my job as a beauty editor demands that I try different lotions and potions in an effort to find only the best to write about in the magazine, so spoiling myself and looking after my skin could be seen as a job requirement. I firmly believe that looking good and feeling good go hand-in-hand, but I’m well-aware of the fact that other women don’t necessarily have the luxury of time, or the opportunity to try various products sent to them specifically for review purposes.
Which brings me to my latest brainwave: I have been approached by Dove to review a selection of their products, and I jumped at the chance because Dove is one of my favourite beauty brands. But, I wanted my readers to get in on the action too, so I thought: why not organise for a few of my loyal readers to review a product or two as well? That way, between me and you, we’ll be able to formulate an unbiased review of each product so that other women who happen to read our little reviews will get honest feedback on every product.
Interested? Read on…
Dove has already sent me a divine hamper with a selection of products to try, so I’ll be testing these and writing a review on each over the next couple of weeks. Dove has also very kindly offered 5 additional hampers for 5 lucky readers, so you also stand the chance to try some of the brand’s best-sellers.
HOW IT WORKS
All you have to do to stand in line to be a contributing beauty editor for For The Beauty Of It is leave a comment below, telling me what beauty means to you, then send a quick email with your full name, a contact number, and your delivery address to email@example.com with ‘Be your own beauty ed with Dove’ in the subject line.
NB: It is vital that you follow BOTH steps – if I don’t receive your contact details via email, you won’t be entered into the draw.
– I will draw 5 readers at random on Sunday, 20 October 2013 and these will be revealed on the blog at 8pm sharp.
– The 5 lucky readers will each receive an indulgent hamper containing a selection of Dove goodies.
– I will send each winner an email stating which product they must review for the blog, and you will then have two weeks to try the product, photograph the product, and send me your written review.
– I will be posting a review a day during the week starting 11 November 2013.
– Both my review and a reader’s review of each product will appear on the blog, ensuring that you, as a reader, receive a completely honest and unbiased review of each Dove product.
Sound good? Then what are you waiting for? Write a comment below and send me your contact details to enter!
You’ll receive one additional entry every time you tweet about this competition, or share the link on Facebook.
– Please ensure that you include my twitter handle (@the_beauty_girl) and Dove’s twitter handle (@DoveSouthAfrica) in your tweets.
– Please tag/ mention For The Beauty Of It in your Facebook posts.
Terms and Conditions:
– This opportunity is only open to those residing in South Africa.
– Winners will be selected at random and For The Beauty Of It’s decision is final.