A couple of nights ago, I hauled out my soft, luxurious faux-fur throw from Loads of Linen and rolled it neatly at the foot of our bed – a sure sign that Summer is on it’s way out. Fortunately, Cape Town has the tendency to stay rather toasty a good few weeks into Autumn so I haven’t started shopping for coats just yet, but I have started drawing up a list of things to do before summer ends!
I’ve always considered myself more of a Summer baby than anything else, but as I’ve gotten older, I’ve really started enjoying the cool Autumn months. I love that you can still flaunt all your favourite Summer clothing during the day, but that you have the option of snuggling up underneath a blanket with a hot water bottle in the evenings. That said, I’m definitely going to miss certain aspects of summer – which is why I plan on making the most of the last days of Summer by indulging in the following (don’t miss the giveaway at the end of this post!):
1. Go for long, evening strolls on the Sea Point promenade.
2. Pack a picnic basket and enjoy dinner on the beach one last time before the sun starts setting earlier.
3. Attend an outdoor yoga class.
4. Treat myself to a professional pedicure and show off my pretty toes in my gorgeous Saint & Summer sandals before putting them in hibernation till next Summer!
5. Sign off work at 3pm, then lay a blanket out on the lawn and catch up on my reading while Beanie plays in the sand.
6. Fill up Bean’s inflatable pool, pop a bottle of bubbly, and sip on champers while chilling in the pool and catching up with The Husband. BEST way to spend a summery Saturday evening (and a great way to wile away the time during load shedding…)
7. Give myself a full body scrub, then apply self-tan before showing off my newly bronzed legs in one of my short, summer dresses.
8. Take Beanie to the Green Point park.
9. Go for a long stroll on Long Beach in Noordhoek, for old time’s sake.
10. Then stop at The Barn to stock up on coffee and snacks for the car drive home.
11. Go for a hike (The Husband and I have been wanting to explore the hikes in our area for ages – the end of summer is the best time for a hike, I think – the weather isn’t too hot or too cold!)
12. Start moisturising my skin after every single bath or shower to ensure that I’m prepared for the cold, drying winter months ahead.
13. Buy flowers for the house every week.
14. Take Beanie on a boat ride.
15. Go for a walk around the neighbourhood every evening.
What’s on your to-do list before Autumn hits? Share how you plan on spending your last days of summer with me in the comments below, and you could stand to win a gorgeous designer beach bag and Vaseline goodies worth over R600!
This beautiful hamper contains:
Two bottles of Vaseline Aloe Soothe body Lotion (400ml)
One bottle of Vaseline Aloe Soothe Body Lotion (200ml)
Two tubs of Vaseline Aloe Soothe Body Cream (350ml)
A beautiful Nicole Martine Beach Towel
And a stunning Nicole Martine Beach Bag to hold it all!
Leave a comment below telling me how you plan on spending the last days of summer, then share this post on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram (tip: you can use the social media buttons below this post) to share the love!
[CLOSED] You have until Friday, 10 April 2015 to enter, and the winner will be announced on Monday, 13 April 2015. Good Luck!