One of my favourite YouTubers, Estee from Essie Button, recently posted a video on her 15 favourite feelings, which inspired me to do a little list of 15 of my favourite feelings… because, you know, it’s good to focus on positive things and spread a little cheer, right?
1. That feeling of zen and complete calm after a really good yoga class.
2. When The Husband offers to look after Bean for two hours so that I can have a delicious Saturday morning lie-in.
3. Cuddling up in bed and listening to the rain falling outside.
4. That tired, but super-accomplished, feeling I get after a long, productive day at work.
5. Climbing into fresh, clean sheets after a long soak in the tub. BEST feeling… ever!
6. The first time Beanie called me ‘mama’. Ok, no – that’s the best feeling. Ever.
7. The feeling of the warm sun on my bare skin.
8. That sense of anticipation and excitement before setting off on a road trip.
9. When Bean gives me loads of kisses and cuddles, without prompting.
10. Also, the feeling of his tiny little arms wrapped around my neck.
11. When The Husband and I have a (rare) night out on the town, and I’m reminded of all the reasons why I fell in love with him in the first place.
12. The excitement when a new episode of my favourite series (currently Downton Abbey and Pretty Little Liars) comes out, and having the time to actually watch it (complete with a mug of hot chocolate). Bliss!
13. The pure relaxation and sense of pampering that follows an hour or two at a spa.
14. The love I feel for a handful of really special friends who, despite not seeing them often enough, will always hold a special place in my heart. These are the people that I can really be myself around and can tell my deepest, darkest secrets to – the friends who’ve got my back, and vice versa.
15. That amazing feeling when my house is squeaky clean and everything is in it’s place. Doesn’t happen often enough around here…
Also: ticking things of my to-do list, finally buying that dress/ coat/ pair of shoes that I’ve been lusting after for weeks – only to find out that it’s been marked down when I get to the till, finding a R50 note hidden in my coat pocket…
What are some of your favourite feelings?
PS: You can watch Estee’s video, here.